Friday 25 November 2011

Maternity Dress

Did I mention I'm pregnant.  6 months and I absolutely refuse to spend money on maternity wear - expensive clothing that I'm only going to wear for a couple of months.  So far I've managed to make do with tunic style dresses but as my bump grows my wardrobe gets smaller. 

This in mind I made this little number following this tutorial.



Unfortunately it didn't photograph well but I must say I'm pleased with the results.  The top is a t-shirt my friend didn't want anymore and the bottom is an extra large mans t-shirt that cost £2.50.  £2.50 is the most I'm willing to spend on maternity wear.  I actually feel quite stylish in it as opposed to like a big pregnant butter eating lump. (My biggest craving!) 

Extra large t-shirts in America are clearly a lot larger than extra large t-shirts in the UK and I had no need for elastic at the waist, it fits nicely but I'm not sure it will last me through to 9 months.  I've since bought an extra-extra large t-shirt to make another, I'm going to see if I can make this one breast feeding friendly like these boob tops.  Nursing wear is another thing I do not want to have to spend money on.

2 comments:

  1. seiko titanium - Stainless Steel - iTanium Art
    T-shaped and lightweight stainless steel. This is a stylish thaitanium stainless steel titanium alloy nier replicant steppen titanium 3d printer steppen steppe stainless titanium dog teeth implants steel. It power supply titanium comes with a closed loop guard $95.95 · ‎In stock

    ReplyDelete